Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas, ya'll

So I'm sitting here, watching the kids open their presents, having a few drinks, just basically enjoying Christmas; and I think about our guys in Iraq. I searched the Innerwebs, looking for a way to send them Christmas wishes, and found lots of ways for the troops to send good wishes home, but nothing to send anything their way. I even made some phone calls, and looked for my old wheelbooks, looking for a phone number that I might use to get in touch with folks I know over there. So I'll post something here, that the'll probably never see, that very few people will see, but it'll make me feel like I did a little something for them. So, Bogey, Rick, Skipper, if you see this, I hope you guys have a happy Christmas, stay safe, know we're thinking about you, and come home safe. We're praying for you, and all our guys, and we hope to see you soon.

Update: The Multi-National Force-Iraq OIF website has a "Messages for the Troops" link in the sidebar. Check it out, and let the guys in the field know you care.

No comments: